I'm taking a sick day today, because I'm truly sick. I'm physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted and stressed out to the max. I feel like I'm a flame of a candle that's burned through all the wick and wax and has made it's way to the metal ring at the very bottom. My energy source has run out and I need a new candle! Plus, my back is starting to show the tell-tale signs of stress-induced pain (similar to what happened to my neck). So I'm going to relax today and recharge my batteries. I have loads of work to do so I'm hopeful I'll get some stuff done as well!
The lovely Kelly and Penelope posted on their respective blogs 10 things they are grateful for. I really need to step back and appreciate the good things in life and stop dwelling on all the negative. Here are mine:
The lovely Kelly and Penelope posted on their respective blogs 10 things they are grateful for. I really need to step back and appreciate the good things in life and stop dwelling on all the negative. Here are mine:
- My family, they are my rock, my stronghold. I don't know what I would be without them.
- God, to whom I pray to every single day and whom gives me the strength I need to get through life.
- My dog, who's shamelessness, courage and heart full of joy and happiness amazes me every day.
- Books, my mental stimulation, my career, my study, my comfort, and my escape.
- Movies, that whisk me away to another world for 2 glorious hours.
- The Internet, that feeds my insatiably curious mind.
- Irish Breakfast Tea. Add some milk and honey and it warms both the body and the soul.
- My bed, in which I lose myself in layers of fabric and travel to the land of dreams.
- Elena Tverskaya, my red Toyota Corolla, who takes me everywhere I need to go. (Yes I name my cars. Always female, first name ethnic, surname Russian from Anna Karenina and based off the letters in the license plate. My other car was Filana Petrova).
- New England. My home, my base. The part of the world that I'm the most connected to.
1 comment:
yeah...i love blessings.
rest up girlie...we all
need to have some down
time!
Post a Comment