Friday, October 13, 2006

Chocolate-Covered Raisins

Its been eons since I've had the pleasure of eating these little morsels. I grabbed a little bag of these from our office stockpile of chocolate and slowly picked at them one by one as I responded to some e-mails. These sure take me back. I remember the days when I was a little girl, my mom used to buy me a big bag of Raisinets to keep me occupied on our bus trips to New York. Such a strange little treat. The way the chocolate hugs around the raisin, with cute little dimples here and there. I love how the chocolate cracks and crumbles when you bite into one. I could wax poetic about how they shine and how they feel as I roll them around in my hand. I think its more about the happy memories and comfort they bring rather than their taste. I always find it amazing how smells and sensations transport us back to another place and time. Especially, when they bring you back to a happy time in your life. And chocolate-covered raisins definitely do that for me.

1 comment:

BWK Art said...

Mmm...that photo is making me hungry!