Thursday, September 15, 2005

In Light of it All

I realized my neck injury was more than a result from my fury of cross-stitching. It's compounded by the fact that I've been suffering from high stress these past couple of weeks. Especially in preparation for graduate school and all the work that will come with it. It'll be difficult juggling part-time school, full-time work and a long commute. To add to that my classes are at night so I've been sick with worry over the safest way for me to get home. Boston late at night is not necessarily the safest place to be. And the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina have taken a toll on me emotionally. It gives me a sense that there is no security and that everything you have in life can be gone in an instant. In the end, if this disaster affects the economy, it means I'm in danger of losing my job if my company starts to go under. No job, no school. It's all one vicious cycle.
So I need to do now is take deep breaths, relax, sip on some honeyed Chamomile tea, listen to some Bobby Darin and Chet Baker tunes and de-stress!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world is always uncertain, but there is 1 thing that will always be guarenteed. Your friends and family will always be there to help when you need it. Even though family can be very annoying, they will always be there, rain or shine. Relax and take care of yourself.

kelly barton art + design said...

some days it is almost impossible
to get away from that visious cycle
isn't it. 2 years ago, people began calling us the schleprocks
because we went threw about 8 months of crappy luck. but it
did get better. keep your chin
up kiddo. do i need to sing
the 'sun will come out tomorrow'
to you. cheer up please, cuz it wouldn't be pretty!

Raquel Stecher said...

Amit- Thanks for sticking by me through all these years!

Kelly- I couldn't be any worse than if I sang it! Thanks for your kind words.