I have a lot going on right now. I'm going to moving into my first apartment in a few weeks; I'm in the middle of my grad school summer session with a mid-term right around the corner; I'm working like a dog at my job trying to catch up because of the time I lost during my vacation. But even with all of this going on, my main focus still remains on soccer and the World Cup. It's all I can think about and all I'm interested in. I allot most of my time to packing, studying and working but I've got a serious case of soccer-on-the-brain. Here are my thoughts on the World Cup so far (Disclaimer: I'm not a professional sports fan):
Germany-4 ~ Costa Rica-2 : Can someone say "hometown advantage"?
Poland-0 ~ Ecuardor-2 : I was mesmerized by the Polish goalkeeper the whole time.
England-1 ~ Paraguay-0 : Probably one of the most boring games, ever. ::Yawn::
Trinidad & Tobago-0 ~ Sweden- 0: I loved the fact that T&T were so happy with their score!
Argentina-2 ~ Ivory Coast-1: Eh.
Serbia-Montenegro-0 ~ Netherlands-1: It's interesting that Serbia-Montenegro is no longer one country. I was rooting for the dudes in orange. Go PSV Eindhoven!
Mexico-3 ~ Iran-0: I almost cried when all the Mexican players at the end went to hug the goalkeeper who's father passed away recently. What a touching tribute!
Angola-0 ~ Portugal-0: This fascinated me because I have family that was born in both Portugal and Angola. But I'd rather ogle at C. Ronaldo from Portugal anyday!
Australia-3 ~ Japan-1 : This is nothing to what Australia will face with Brazil. Good thing they have a 3 point advantage!
USA-0 ~ Czech Republic-3: I watched this at a bar with a bunch of USA fans, but I was rooting Czech all the way! I'm so not a good American.
Italy-2 ~Ghana-0: The Italians have really good hair. I wonder what conditioner they use?
South Korea-2 ~ Togo-1: I'm embarassed to say, I didn't even know Togo was a country!
France-0 ~ Switzerland-0: France isn't as interesting this year. Shame.
Brazil-1 ~ Croatia-0: Doesn't surprise me that Brazil won.
Spain-4 ~ Ukraine-0: The two countries rhyme! I love it.
Tunisia-2 ~ Saudia Arabia-2: I wish I could say I was interested in this, but I really wasn't.
Germany-1 ~ Poland-0: See my comments below in my last entry. Poor Boruc.
Ecuador-3 ~ Costa Rica-0: Wow, those Ecuadorians have lots of energy!
England-2 ~ Trinidad & Tobago-0: I missed this one. I wish I could have seen Rooney in action.
Sweden-1 ~ Paraguay-0: I think I was in panic-mode at work when this game happened.
Argentina-6 ~ Serbia-Montengro-0: Wow! Argentina swept the floor with those poor Serbs.
Netherlands-2 ~ Ivory Coast-1: Go Orange! Go Orange!
Mexico-0 ~ Angola-0: As exciting as watching grass grow, but gives Portugal an advantage.
Portugal-2 ~ Iran-0: Go Portugal! It's your birthday! This is my favorite game so far!
Czech Republic-0 ~ Ghana-2: What the...? How the...? Huh?
USA-1 ~ Italy-1: Brutal, complete with actual blood. Emotionally draining, but USA impressed me.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woohoo! Pretty great reviews of the games you got there. I feel as though I've watched every one so far. Thanks for that 'quelle.
We're breaking down and getting cable on Monday --- WOOT! So soon I'll be able to watch the matches. Can't wait!
Post a Comment