Monday, August 01, 2005

Daytrip to Concord

I've had no internet for the past few days. My cable modem went kaput. It was given a formal burial and replaced by a newer model (hey that's life!). Anywho, Saturday was a lovely summer day, so I said to myself "Self, you must get outdoors and bask in this glorious weather! It won't be around for long." What better way to enjoy the outdoors and still get some cultural enlightenment than a day trip to Concord. For those of you not in the know, Concord is a little New England jewel. It was once the home of many great thinkers and writers such as Ralph Waldo E m erson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Louisa May Alcott and her father Amos Bronson Alcott and Henry David Thoreau. It was also a hotbed of military activity, especially during the Revolutionary War. It's chockfull of literay and military history. And as a town it's very quaint. A bit on the rich side, you have to have a full wallet to own a home there, but it's very tourist-friendly. There are lots of places to stay, tons of free parking, lots of museums and historical sites to visit and for the outdoorsy type there is a lot of biking, hiking and canoing going on in Concord.
I went on Saturday and had a blast. I took a lot of photos and created a fun album of them on Yahoo!. Here is the link: Raquelle's Concord Day Trip. I added some fun captions so it wouldn't be boring. Make sure you scroll down the page a bit so you can read them. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics, 'quelle!
Looks like you had a fantastic trip!

Raquel Stecher said...

thanks Bev!!

kelly barton art + design said...

lucky! you get pretty sites
and cville has largest meth
bust in the state of indiana.

loved the pictures!
kelly

Raquel Stecher said...

The largest meth bust? Are you serious! My goodness I didn't know that. I thought Indiana was beautiful, especially C'ville. We have lots of hills and trees in New England and things can seem crowded. Crawfordsville was so open and spacious. It had a classic charm to it as well.